Recipe Submitted by IN.FORM Coach Jan Wallin.
Swiss Baked Chard is a nice side dish and also works really well to get veggies in for breakfast. Serves 2 as a side.
1 lb Swiss chard
2 TBS Butter or Ghee
1 large onion
2 large eggs
1/2 c grated goat, mozzarella or other cheese substitute
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Wash chard, cut stems from chard and cut them into 1/4 in pieces
2. Cut leaves into 1 in strips
3. Slice or chop the onion medium-fine
4. In a large saucepan melt butter, add chard stems and onion and cook until the onion is transparent.
5. Add the chard leaves for 3 min or so (covered) or until the leaves wilt.
6. Place in a lightly greased 2 qt glass baking dish ( I have been putting it in my cast iron skillet so that I can cook it on the grill as to not heat up the house during summer)
7. Spread the veggie mixture out evenly in the dish and pour the well beaten eggs (with a dash of salt and pepper added to taste) over the veggies
8. Try to get it all over the chard evenly
9. The egg will sink in and look like it’s not enough, but it is. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 400 degrees for 10 min.
If you have an IN.FORM-Approved recipe that you would like to share, please email it to email@example.com.