Here are 8 ways that you can use essential oils:
- MASSAGE: Approximately 12 drops of essential oil per ½ oz. bottle of carrier oil. Apply to the external area.
- BATH/SHOWER: Add 10 drops of essential oil. Soak for 15 minutes – bath. 1 or 2 drops on washcloth – shower.
- INHALATION: 6 to 8 drops essential oil/blend in bowl of hot water. Place a towel over head. Inhale for 5 minutes. Be careful of essential oils irritating the eyes.
- SPRITZ: Add 4-6 drops of essential oil or a blend to 2 oz. water. Shake well before applying to affected area.
- OINTMENT: Add 23 drops of essential oil to Golden Salve (1oz. jar).
- DIFFUSER: Place 25 drops of appropriate essential oil or blend undiluted in a nebulizing diffuser.
- ATOMIZER: Place essential oils or blend in water according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- REFLEXOLOGY ACUPRESSURE: 12 drops of essential oil per ½ oz. bottle of carrier oil. Apply to reflex points on the feet and hands.
If using essential oils on a regular program:
• Use for 6 days then have 1 day without using any oils
• Menstruating women – use for 3 weeks and do not use during menses
When it comes to essential oils, there are a lot of questions out there. What benefits do essential oils offer? How can essential oils be used and applied? Are there any helpful recipes from the experts? What should I know about their safety? In this guide we provide the answers to these questions.