How to Make the Best Chicken Marsala Recipe
Spice up your dinner fare this week with this easy chicken marsala recipe. This might be the absolute best chicken marsala recipe—partly because it’s so simple and mostly because it’s DE-LISH!
These mouth-watering chicken cutlets are tender, moist and tasty, combining a wonderful flavor experience in every delicious bite! Use this easy chicken marsala recipe for a perfect weeknight dinner or when company is coming.
- Place 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts on a cutting board with a piece of plastic wrap over them. Use a meat mallet to pound them flat until approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Pour some flour into a shallow platter and season generously with salt and ground black pepper. Stir with a fork.
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil on medium high in a large skillet. When hot, dredge both sides of the chicken breasts in the season flour mix. Slip them into the pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden, turning once. Do not crowd pieces in the pan. Remove finished chicken to a large platter (single layered) to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto to the pan. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add 8 ounces porcini or crimini mushrooms (stemmed and halved or quartered) and saute until nicely browned…about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour ½ cup sweet Marsala wine into the pan and boil down for a few seconds to remove alcohol.
- Add ½ cup chicken stock and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in 2 T butter and return the chicken to the pan. Simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with ¼ cup chopped parsley.
Makes 4 servings
Total prep and cooking time: approx. 40 minutes
What to Serve with Chicken Marsala
Try this dish with a light angel hair pasta, roasted new potatoes or wild rice.
- Some people add heavy cream to their Marsala sauce for a thicker consistency. You can double the sauce above (steps 6-8) to yield a juicier dish without the calories cream contains.
- Make it your own! Add diced onions or minced garlic (after browning the chicken and removing) for extra flavor.
- You can make this ahead and warm it up for serving. Pour sauce (butter, wine, pan drippings) over the chicken. Cover it with foil and heat at 300 degrees until thoroughly warm.
- This dish may be frozen for use at a future date. Place chicken into large freezer bags. Place mushroom/sauce mixture into separate, smaller freezer bag. When you want to serve, thaw both in fridge. Reheat chicken and sauce in skillet on low heat for 6-10 minutes.
Many people think of parsley as simply a green garnish for the dinner plate. But parsley is known the world over for its support of the urinary system. It also acts as a natural deodorizer. Don’t push that green to the side. Dig in!
Share this fresh idea with a friend who likes to cook delicious food.