- 1 cup oil (vegetable or avocado)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- Garlic powder to taste
(Not spicy enough for you? Season with your favorite herbs and spices such as thyme, oregano, smoked paprika, cayenne or black pepper and others to truly make it yours.)
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved and pounded to ½ inch thickness
Cajun Marinade Directions:
- In a large shallow dish, mix oil, seasonings, garlic powder, lemon pepper and any other spices you like to create marinade.
- Place chicken in marinade and turn to coat completely on both sides.
- Lay chicken on pan, cover and refrigerate for ½ hour (or longer to let those seasonings really sink in).
Get Cooking Your Grilled Cajun Chicken!
- Preheat grill to high heat
- Lightly oil grill grate
- Drain sauce from chicken and discard marinade
- Place chicken breasts on hot grill and cook for 6-8 minutes or until seasonings begin to blacken and juices run clear
Oil Blends for a Bug-free Barbeque
Don’t let the bugs ruin your outdoor fun while grilling up this deliciousness with the help of authentic essential oils. The powerful aromas of essential oils offer invigorating and uplifting qualities while also working to chase away pests. Freshen up your summer with these special blends to help keep your barbeque bug-free!.
- Diffusing Deterrent: Add 5 drops of Lemongrass, Peppermint, and Lavender oils to water and diffuse.
- Bug-Blasting Lotion: Add 4 drops of Purity, 1 drop of Lemongrass and 3 drops of Tea Tree oils to 1 Tbsp of Hand & Body Lotion. Apply as desired.
Not a barbeque-er? You can still enjoy our Easy Cajun Chicken from your stove! For pan-fried Cajun Chicken, add 2 tablespoons avocado oil to pan and preheat to high. Place chicken in pan with tongs, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning chicken halfway through.
Simple Summer Dinner Ideas with Cajun Chicken
Bursting with flavor in each spicy bite, Cajun Chicken provides a flexible protein for a variety of summer recipes, so keep it fresh by adding it to any number of summer meals.
- Serve it with a side of fresh, grilled vegetables
- Slice it up and add it to a garden salad to create a spicy Cajun Chicken salad
- Slice or shred it for Cajun tacos
- Serve it over rice with roasted veggies
- Make a quick, Cajun Chicken wrap with fresh veggies and hummus
Cajun Chicken is so easy and versatile that you may want to double the recipe for use throughout the week. Just cook, refrigerate and reheat for lots of simple summer meals. And at around 530 calories (depending on how much marinade you use) and 24 grams of protein per serving, it’s a light, flavorful, protein-rich entrée to help fuel your summer fun!