Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Veggies, protein, dairy, healthy oils!
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 2 ½ cups organic cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1 large organic pastured egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, preferably raw
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher or Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup organic tomatoes (about 6 tomatoes)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Slice peppers, onions, mushrooms, optional
Dice or crush the tomatoes. Put 2 tsp olive oil in the bottom of pan with 2 garlic cloves cut up or crushed. Heat for a minute on medium heat then add tomatoes and 1 tsp. Himalayan sea salt. Cook on low for about 20 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Steam until soft and let cool.
- Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round prepared pizza pan. Coat lightly with coconut oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the cooked tomatoes, sprinkle on the red pepper flakes, add peppers, onions, and/or mushrooms if desired. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, add 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and bake for another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving.