1. “Do Something!”
2. “Don’t give up what you want most, for what you want now.”
Life, like most things, is a game of inches. It’s the little things that make the difference, and often that comes from giving up what we want right now for what we want long term. Whether it’s staying up a little later working, getting up early to work out, making that one extra sales call, resisting that extra piece of pie, it’s worth it to resist what we want right now for what we want in the end.
3. “Believe anything is possible.”
Successful entrepreneurs often share a common trait of extreme optimism. They believe anything truly is possible and then they work hard for it. Be a dreamer, embrace your dream and believe you can succeed.
4. “Embrace the struggle.”
Achieving greatness is never an easy path. There will be real ups and downs and challenges that will try and break you. Embrace and revel in that struggle. It won’t last forever and it will make you stronger. Know that when you overcome it, that’s when success usually happens.
5. “If you want something you’ve never had, then you’ve got to do something you’ve never done.”
It’s likely that this year, you want to accomplish something that you’ve never accomplished before. The problem for many is, they get stuck in a rut and are not willing to change their life to get different results. This is the year to change and grab hold of something you’ve always wanted.
6. “A year from now, you will wish you had started today.”
How often have you told yourself, “I wish I had started this last year?” It’s consistency with anything that produces results. As you are working towards your goals, remember that you don’t want to have the same regret next year.
7. “Enjoy life now. This is not a rehearsal” and “Stop waiting for Friday.”
Often, we all wait for something to happen in the future before we are happy. We forget to live in the moment and enjoy the now. As a result, we miss out on life and don’t make the most of it. What’s the purpose of reaching your goal if you can’t enjoy the entire process? If you enjoy life now, you’ll likely work harder to achieve what you want later.
8. “Giving up on a goal because of a setback is like slashing your other 3 tires because you got a flat.”
9. “I’m too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.”
For more information on goal setting, business plans, and mission and vision statement creation, click here.