For over 40 years, Nature’s Sunshine has been built on sharing. Managers thrill to share the news of better health with people they meet. Their businesses thrive when they share the opportunity with others. Sponsoring is the way to add both breadth and depth to your NSP business.
Open Your Mouth
Managers tell us that to be a great sponsor, you need to talk to people about Nature’s Sunshine. Talk to everyone, because you don’t know who may be interested. Mary Christensen, author of Be a Recruiting Superstar!, suggests making 10 contacts every day. Of those 10, two or three may be interested. She also recommends looking for people who may have an inherent interest in natural health and the NSP opportunity, such as:
- Healthcare professionals, including doctors, herb specialists, pharmacists, psychologists, nurses, dentists, physical therapists, naturopaths, chiropractors and midwives.
- Non-healthcare professionals, such as teachers, engineers, counselors and other managers and administrators, because they have strong leadership skills.
- Business owners, especially owners of health-oriented businesses, such as health clubs, medi-spas, beauty spas, holistic health centers and fitness centers.
- Lifestyle professionals, including personal trainers, business coaches, counselors, career advisors and weight-loss consultants.
Offer Customers the Opportunity
Customers are golden contacts because they’re already interested in the products. Sponsor all of your customers. As successful manager Christine Brinker puts it, “You’re doing them a favor. They will get better health, save money on products and eventually earn money.”
Direct-selling expert and author Mary Christensen offers the following suggestions on sponsoring customers:
- Offer every customer two ways of ordering: direct from you, or direct from the company. If they choose to order from you, give them a 10% off coupon for their next visit. On subsequent visits, reward them with a customer loyalty card allowing them to earn free products after a certain number of purchases. If they wish to order directly from the company, sign them up!
- For retail customers, offer them the opportunity to sign up and buy at direct cost on their second or third purchase. (“Did you know you can save 20–30% if you become a member? It’s free. Here’s how it works…”)
- Ask your customers for contact information, so you can keep in touch with them.
- Ask satisfied customers for referrals, and offer incentives to both the referring customer and the referral. If the referral signs up, place him/her under the referring member.
- Use postcards to announce new products, promotions and specials.
- Send your customers a regular e-newsletter.
With the right mindset and the right tools and strategies, your business can soar through sponsoring. Take a deep breath, open your mouth, and happy sponsoring!